Effective advocacy requires solid planning, strategic implementation and measures to evaluate success.
- Analytic-OR can:
- Help you refine your advocacy goals
- Assist in the development of evidence informed policy options
- Help you understand opportunities and challenges through strategic inquiry and environmental scans
- Develop for you simple, focused, relevant messages for the appropriate audience(s)
- Work with you to develop consistent approaches and communications material
- Work with you to de-mystify the public policy development and legislative processes
- Help you identify and foster collaborative partnerships
- We will work with you to:
- Plan and facilitate stakeholder engagement workshops to build collaboration
- Develop a strategic advocacy plan to coordinate research and communication of a policy initiative to the appropriate decision-makers
- Prepare a comprehensive action plan with specific tactics tailored to target audiences
- Capitalize on opportunities for collaboration and partnership
- Evaluate the plan regularly and adjust as necessary
Analytic-OR team members have experience as advocates and as the gatekeepers to decision-makers at different levels of government, giving us a unique understanding of how collaborative and strategic approaches to advocacy deliver results. Our multi-perspective, responsive and precise approach enables us to zero in on key opportunities and strategies.
Analytic-OR team members have worked with clients at provincial, regional and national levels to develop advocacy plans.
Some of our past projects
Alzheimer Society of Nova Scotia – Developed a strategic plan for building collaborative partnerships and completed a strategic inquiry to assist in developing concrete, viable policy directions.
Hospice PEI – Developed a strategic advocacy plan and facilitated a community consultation workshop for hospice palliative care in PEI.
Atlantic Canada Maternity and Parental Benefits Project – Worked with Women`s Network PEI and the Advisory Committee to develop an advocacy plan for changes to Employment Insurance to include benefits for self-employed persons.The Employment Insurance Act was successfully amended.
Canadian Breast Cancer Network – Research and development of an advocacy plan focused on the financial burden of breast cancer on Canadian women and their families and on labour force re-entry.
Ontario AIDS Network – Research and development of advocacy strategies on various HIV/AIDS issues.
Canadian Caregiver Coalition – Development of a national caregiver strategy and advocacy program.